Director - Design and Business Development 6/3/2020
The Haskell Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Haskell is hiring a Director of Design and Business Development. As Director, you will direct and be accountable for the conformance of project systems and components with project criteria. You will develop and implement aggressive sales and marketing efforts resulting in additional Construction Management at-risk and design-build opportunities. You will also be responsible for negotiating issue resolutions among design disciplines and between design and construction staff.
* Develops annual Division marketing budget for review and approval by Division Leader and Group President.
* Develops and implements market initiatives and client development strategies.
* Develops potential future work opportunities.
* Responsible for design scope change definition and management and impact to schedule and financial performance.
* Responsible for coordination among disciplines and conformance to corporate standards for design documents (e.g., calculations, drawing and specification production).
* Supervise team members assigned to project.
* Provides leadership in project teaming and integration of design and construction staff.
* Leads preparation of responses to Requests for Qualifications.
* Operates as primary client interface during design, preconstruction, and throughout construction.
* Participates in formulation of design project management corporate policies and procedures.
* Prepares team for stand-up presentations by providing detailed background information and developing presentation strategy. Coaches presentation team and participates as needed.
* Maintain all project communications through regular review meetings.
* Ensures all design contractual requirements are satisfied, documenting all changes in scope in accordance with terms of contract.
* Identifies need for and develops promotional materials and programs to enhance Division's market position or improve selling strategy.
* Maximizes penetration by Haskell into Division's target market, research and identify a target list of contacts.
* Makes sales calls and continues contact with prospects up to the time a specific project is secured under contract. Maintaining a positive client relationship through the entire project lifecycle.
* Assists others in their sales contacts and follow-up, and provides guidance regarding correspondence, selling techniques, and presentations.
* When a specific project is identified and qualified, introduces the appropriate Project Director.
* Together with Project Director, develops specific "win" strategy for proposals and presentations.
* Coordinates annual trade show calendar with Marketing Team support.
* Plans and conducts periodic marketing retreats for Division and Project Delivery Group.
* As necessary, implements Project Delivery Group-based public relations/industry awareness effort.
* In coordination with the project director and project manager, tracks cost, scheduling, purchasing of equipment and subcontractor selection.
* Assists or participate in installations and start-up.
* Administrative duties as assigned including performance reviews and career development.
* Become an active member and recognized expert in appropriate national, state, regional, community and industry organizations.
Minimum of a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience. Minimum of five years' experience in engineering, construction marketing, or a related field.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
* Excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills.
* Excellent sales and customer relationship skills
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)