Director, Health Informatics (VA, Fairfax ) 8/22/2020
Koniag Management Solutions LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Koniag Management Solutions (KMS) is looking for a Director, Health Informatics to support KMS and our government customer in the Fairfax, VA area.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Manager will provide Content and Configuration support for the EHR and associated clinical information systems to FC/HI operations to include interfacing with Government officials to include program offices both in-agency and inter-agency, other Defense Health Agency, and DoD service entities. The position shall support the management, integration, and stabilization of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) core areas and all Clinical Information Systems in the DHA portfolio. The contractor shall work across clinical domains, internal organizations, governance bodies, federal agencies, and commercial organizations to provide strategic and operational guidance to DHA Health Informatics leadership on how best to increate operational efficiency for information technology and improve patient engagement. The contractor team shall support the EHR key sub-functions to include, but not limited to: AHLTA, CHCS, Essentris (EHR Legacy Applications), legacy application tools (such as Dragon Speak, JLV, etc.), Dentrix, FirstNet, PathNet, RadNet, PharmNet, Portals, PowerChart Ambulatory, PowerChart Inpatient, RevCycle, and SurgiNet. The contractor shall also support the Technology Management and Integration Branch under DHA HI in providing change management, knowledge management, working groups support, content development, configuration process support and relationship management with internal and external organizations.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
The Health Informaticist will support the following tasks/areas
* Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers
* Participates in special projects as required
* Possess a broad understanding of the clinical/business workflows and human factors/usability standards of the current and emerging systems utilized in the organization. Has the knowledge, skills, and proficiency to understand the purpose, features, functions, benefits, and limitations of our clinical information systems.
* Has experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/Electronic Dental Record (EDR) systems as well as relevant supporting HIT systems
* Ability to lead the authorship on a work plan and lead it through the approval process with minimal additional support.
* Demonstrates ability to identify and integrate key organizational factors; including political, economic, social, technological, and administrative, to drive performance improvements, business objectives, and overarching MHS Enterprise Informatics Strategy
* Demonstrated clinical informatics experience with the DoD or government health institution and functional (direct clinical/business) experience with the DoD or government health institution (preferred); equivalent, demonstrable experience from commercial/industry organization accepted
* Demonstrated experience and ability to confer with senior management using industry expertise to define the client's strategic information technology business goals
* Demonstrated experience and ability to assist client in developing strategies and concepts
* Demonstrated experience and ability to advise client on the impact of new legislation or new technologies that are relevant to their activity
* Have excellent knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Product(s) and related applications
* Possess an ability to apply interpersonal skills, knowledge in the areas of End User (EU) expectation management, clinical workflows, and clinical process improvements methodologies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Working Knowledge of DHA suite of Electronic Health Care applications to include a working knowledge of Cerner Millennium
* Ability to coordinate system changes through the change control process from requirements/inception, technical solution, pre-production implementation, validation and production
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Bachelor s or master s degree, equivalent, or higher in Informatics, Computer Science, Public Health, or related clinical/medical/business discipline
* 3 + years of Clinical/Business experience in the corresponding solution area being supported. For example:
* Experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
* Health Information Management experience with all aspects of medical record keeping such as chart completion, deficiencies, release of information, corrections etc
* Charge Services experience in the full revenue cycle, medical codingand, billing operations
* Patient Registration experience with all aspects of patient registration, insurance information collection/validation, proactive registration monitoring and correction
* Scheduling and Appointing - experience with clinic-level and enterprise-level scheduling and appointing including patient direct appointing via patient portals or similar tools
* SurgiNet surgical field experience i.e. provider, nurse, anesthesia, and/or surgical tech workflow
* PathNet laboratory experience
* PharmNet pharmacy experience
* RadNet radiology experience
* FirstNet emergency department experience
* Dentrix dental system experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Working Knowledge of DHA suite of Electronic Health Care applications, to include MHS GENESIS (Preferred)
* Experience with at least one of the following Cerner Millenium capabilities is preferred if supporting the corresponding solution owner/working group
* Documentation - Event set hierarchy, data collection, data mapping
* PowerForms data collection, data mapping, and event set hierarchy
* Front End Business Tools: Revenue Cycle, Scheduling Appointment Book, Access Management Office, HIM Task Queues, HealtheLife Patient Portal, Televox, Conversation Launcher, Discern Reporting Portal, HealtheIntent eduling, appointing, and/or referral management activities
* Back-End Business Tools: Bedrock Charge Services, Organizational, Registration and other tools, Revenue Cycle Maintenance Tool, CS Pricing Tool, Clinical View Manager
* Back-End Core Tools: DCPTools, Core Event Manager, Core Code Builder, Discern Developer, Discern Visual Developer
* User role creation
* PowerChart: Ambulatory;
* PowerChart Inpatient/FirstNet
* RadNet, PharmNet, PathNet, Supply Chain)
* HIE/JLV (to include bolt on capabilities)
* Additional capabilities/modules with electronic health record, to include: iView, Clairvia, capacity management, FetaLink, 724 server, e-signature, Dragon
* Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with inquiries (NACI) clearance
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.