Director, MCH Collective Impact 8/21/2020
March of Dimes
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number 20-0145
Title Director, MCH Collective Impact
Employment Type Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Develop and direct March of Dimes Collective Impact initiative focused on reducing inequities in preterm birth and maternal mortality. Ensure that March of Dimes is a recognized leader as a place-based backbone organization and participant in improving inequities in preterm birth and maternal mortality in assigned area. This place-based collaboration will focus on reducing inequity in preterm birth and maternal mortality to align with March of Dimes strategic plan around impact. Principle roles and responsibilities include: building and executing a common agenda using Results Based Accountability (RBA) and providing strategic results-based thinking to align and support steering committee, working groups, and all internal and external business partners and the ability to apply an anti-racist lens to this highly adaptive work. This position reports to the local Executive Director of Market Development.
* Embody adaptive leadership and establish, facilitate, and execute effective and open communication with staff
* Adhere to March of Dimes National strategic plan as well as state level strategic plan
* Model results based leadership and execute and facilitate results based meetings
* Maintain understanding of current implementation challenges and develop solutions to address them
* Provide direction and support to partner organizations to align their work to the common agenda
* Act in a neutral role to help resolve conflict among full collaborative, workgroups and Steering Committee
* Maintain accountability throughout all processes and engagement
* Support the Steering Committee by facilitating meetings including preparation of meeting materials, topics and following up on action commitments
* Support the Working Group Co-Chairs to facilitate meetings, assist in preperation of meeting materials, shceduling, and facilitation
* Provide regular reports on progress against goals and indicators
* Build and maintain relationships with Steering Committee, Working Group Co-Chairs, Working Group members, and full collaborative members
* Build the Backbone s identity as a trusted & respected convener and coordinator of resources throughout the local community
* Cultivate relationships with community leaders and collaborative members to inspire high alignment and high action without using formal authority
* Identify and recruit additional cross-sector partners to participate
Identify and engage potential funding sources to support full collaborative and strategies this includes:
* Seek and secure ongoing funding to maintain and grow the collaborative
* Donor stewardship
* Grant writing and concept papers as needed
* Work with collaborative members to provide revenue support around collective fund development to support selected strategies and solutions
* Work closely with March of Dimes EDMD, and all other relevant development internal partners
* Oversee reporting to funders as required
Measurement, Data Collection and Reporting:
* Assist to build and implement an internal data measurement system to track shared results across site locations and the National Office using a results-based dashboard
* Build and implement a shared measurement system that will track common outcomes and indicators and use results to inform continuous quality improvement of collaborative members using a results-based dashboard
* Coordinate consensus around results, indicators, key factors and strategies with Working Groups, Steering Committee and full collaborative
* Ensure all partners are aware of targets and indicators
* Create or manage creation of annual report and quarterly and annual summary reports of initiative progress for Steering Committee, March of Dimes National Office, and external audiences
* Ensure that data is collected, entered, analyzed and communicated effectively
* Perform other duties from time to time in order to ensure the attainment of goals.
* 5-10 years experience
* Masters Degree in Political Science, Public Health, Anthropology, Sociology, Business or Policy, or related field
* Experience in a nonprofit environment
* Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to motivate staff and lead change
* Experience in mobilizing community using clear measurable goals
* Experience leading community change efforts
* Results Oriented-able to pivot to focused action that contributes to improving the result.
* Equity able to have and hold discussions, and take action, regarding the role of racism, poverty and sexism in healthcare and community conditions.
* Collective Action-ability to work with key stakeholders and leaders to make decisions and take action around a shared result
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Proven track record building internal and external relationships
* Understanding of maternal and child health and health systems issues
* Ability to organize and monitor multiple levels of details related to multiple customers
* Competency as a trainer of adult learners excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate groups of adult trainees
* Courses and training that are preferred but not required include: substantial exposure to Results Based Accountability training or certification (40+ hours), training or exposure to Results Based Facilitation.
* Analytical skills; high level organization skills; interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple projects and customers simultaneously; ability to meet deadline; adaptive capacity, integrity and accountability; problem solving; excellent writing and oral communication skills, ability to function as a trainer for adults.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.