DIRECTOR OF CATERING--SEATTLE, WA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/22/2019
Chartwells Higher Ed
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Working as a Catering Director, you are responsible for Catering and Events at at higher education institution. You will manage a team of staff. You will be responsible for managing client relations, along with ensuring the catering offered to our guests is of superior quality. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
* Coordinates and oversees internal and external catering events
* Develops and maintains the catering marketing plan including a comprehensive event planning service to clients and detailed menu development
* Hires, trains, and schedules catering staff, and will be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures
* Ensures successful operations of catering functions including labor cost control, foods cost control and preparation, transportation, setup, operation, and cleanup of all events
* Bachelor's Degree is required in Hospitality or Culinary Arts
* Catering experience in a higher eduacation setting
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in hospitality industry including 2 years in management (preferably Catering Management) is required
* Booking, selecting and costing menu items, pricing contracts, and resourcing temporary help and equipment experience is key
* Ability to supervise food preparation, service and cleanup is also essential
* ServSafe Certified a plus
* Must have a valid clean driving record
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 347139
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://compassgroup.contacthr.com/73383876.jpg /