Director of EH&S - St. Rose 6/3/2020
Saint Rose, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Position is located in St. Rose, LA.
Purpose of the job:
The EHS Director will be responsible for managing the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) department across the three New Orleans area IMTT terminals (St. Rose, Avondale, and Gretna). The EHS Director will lead the department in such a way to ensure compliance with applicable EHS regulations as well as with internal company policies.
1. Oversee programs, policies, and practices to ensure the terminals comply with company policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Lead these programs in a way so as to promote operational excellence with respect to EHS compliance and culture.
2. Remain up-to-date on current, pending, and proposed EHS regulations and developments in the bulk liquid storage industry. Consult local, regional, and corporate management on both current and future regulatory impacts.
3. Liaise with regulatory agencies, local governmental authorities, and local community organizations as necessary. Represent Company during regulatory audits, inquires, and investigations.
4. Develop and manage EHS budget.
5. Develop and mentor staff in leadership and technical skills necessary for succession.
6. Ensure compliance with air and water permits, oversee sampling activities, and assist in the development of air and water permit modifications.
7. Oversee solid and hazardous waste activities, including sampling, analysis, and proper disposal.
8. Oversee EHS monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting processes.
9. Manage EH&S training program for facility personnel.
10. Provide support to the Operations and Maintenance Departments on EHS matters.
11. Review new products or processes for evaluation of potential safety hazards and environmental permit implications.
12. Review and recommend modifications and changes in the facility's equipment and/or procedures to achieve environmental or health/safety goals.
13. Conduct accident/incident investigations, prepare Root Cause Analysis and/or HAZOP Studies where appropriate.
14. Participate in internal EHS audits at other IMTT terminals as needed.
15. Respond to emergencies as needed.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
1. Bachelor's Degree in an EH&S related field; engineering degree preferred
2. Over ten years of EHS experience with a track record of progressively increasing responsibility
3. Record of environmental and safety training
4. Experience in the storage terminal or petrochemical industry
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
1. Strong leadership, management, supervisory and interpersonal skills
2. Accreditation(s) from a well-established environmental, safety, or professional accreditation entity
3. OSHA 511 or 510 certificate preferred
4. Valid Driver's License
5. TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials)
6. Excellent math and communications skills
7. Proficient in the use of computers and familiar with most common office software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
1. Company Vehicles
2. Two-way Radio
3. Safety Equipment
5. Sampling Equipment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
1. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language
2. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language
3. Ability to work in the outside elements
4. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment
5. Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments
6. The large scale of the operation and the extensive layout of the facility require that the applicant have the ability to walk and stand on uneven terrain, to climb stairs and ladders, and traverse inclines: uphill, downhill or mixed. Furthermore, because the facility and adjoining facilities handle hazardous materials, the applicant must be able to ingress and egress in foreseeable emergencies. The applicant must be able to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
7. Must be able to work in a confined space, over water and not be afraid of heights
8. Ability to wear and use a respirator and any other safety equipment
9. Ability to manage and delegate efficiently.
10. Ability to respond during off work hours and occasionally work overtime as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment