Director of Environmental Services Full-Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Good Samaritan Society
West Union, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Good Samaritan Society West Union
Address: 201 Hall St, West Union, IA 52175-1006 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts
* Performs preventive maintenance on location and equipment including compliance related items to meet federal and state regulations. Preventative maintenance does include all facility vehicles.
* Completes repairs as needed or requested including painting, patching, lawn care, furniture, lighting, parking lot maintenance and snow removal.
* Keeps various work and storage rooms, public areas and restrooms, garage/ shed, tools and supplies organized and clean.
* Oversees the cleanliness of the building through the housekeeping and laundry department.
* Assures that resident's rooms and bathrooms, public areas and work areas are clean.
* Meets all federal and state requirements for housekeeping and laundry.
* Ensures that personal clothing is labeled, cleaned, hung and returned to its rightful owner.
* Ensures that soiled linen is cleaned within compliance.
* Completes appropriate forms and documentation including work completes and tests performed.
* Follows all state and local safety rules and regulations.
* Observes and reports resident's conditions to appropriate staff.
* Is responsible for Risk Management, including safety and health, property / insurance, building security, emergency guidelines and federal regulations.
* Demonstrates/encourages opportunities for carrying out the mission. Formulates and works within annual budget.
* Acquires resources and means that promote a quality work environment.
* Assists and participates in the QA/CQI process ensuring quality performance, conformance with regulations, standards and laws, and customer satisfaction.
* Accepts accountability for activities under direct control; exercises sound judgment and decision-making; promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
VoTech education in Plumbing, HVAC, Electrician or Carpentry is preferred. One to two years prior experience.
Ability to communicate and comprehend.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req48114