Director of Physician Scientist Career Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/16/2020
END DATE 4/11/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
Take on a significant role within a world-class academicnmedical center. Pioneer a new and innovative office to build the future worknforce of physician scientists and help advance future life-saving medicalnbreakthroughs. You can do all this and more at the David Geffen School ofnMedicine at UCLA.
Reportingnto the Vice Dean of Research, you will be responsible for helping MDs within thenDGSOM successfully pursue funded and productive research programs. Thisninvolves the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a centralizednoffice that will serve as the first point of contact for MDs looking to buildnresearch programs on campus. This office will support research efforts at everynstage of an MD s career medical students, residents, fellows, junior andnmid-career faculty. You will work with other key leaders to focus on ensuringninclusivity, identifying strong mentors, and addressing challenges in helpingnMDs pursue lifelong research careers. You will:
* Create a new comprehensive program that includes leadership training, mentorship, support services and networking opportunities.
* Develop programming and infrastructure to support the securing of grants and publication/presentation opportunities
* Manage the annual budget
* Manage the review process for selecting fellows in the program
* Build and maintain a highly personalized, closely monitored mentorship program
* Develop and monitor metrics for assessing the success of the office
* Identify and pursue relevant opportunities/grants for further funding for program activities
We renseeking a proactive, data-driven and detail-oriented professional with:
* Related Bachelor s degree MD or PhD preferred
* Three or more years of experience in an academic or affiliated environment supporting research or clinical activities
* Strong desire and proven ability to develop programs, processes and infrastructure, set and manage budgets
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and project/change management skills
* Exceptional creative problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work both independently and in teams
* High level of empathy, perseverance, ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.