Director of Trauma 5/3/2020
Medical City Arlington
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
DIRECTOR OF TRAUMA
MEDICAL CITY ARLINGTON
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director of Trauma.
We are seeking a Director for our Trauma department to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The DIRECTOR OF TRAUMA SERVICES is responsible for the coordination of the clinical, educational, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of all components of the Trauma Services Program.
- Collaborates with all healthcare professionals to establish the standards of trauma care, and assures that all are current with ACS and Level II, III and Level IV designation requirements from TDH.
- Responsible for developing, directing, coordinating, and implementing trauma care policies and procedures governing trauma care nursing.
- The DTS acts as a resource person and consultant to all patient care areas regarding nursing care, problem solving, identification, and correction of problems as related to the trauma patient.
- Responsible for directing the Trauma Performance Improvement components required to maintain Level II standards. Assesses needs, evaluates alternatives and recommends physical facilities, equipment and supplies for trauma care delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining effective lines of communication with the Texas Department of Health, American College of Surgeons, surrounding area EMS systems and the North Central Texas Trauma Regional Advisory Council.
MEDICAL CITY ARLINGTON is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
We are proud to offer:
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
* Paid Time Off
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Recognition Programs
* Discounted tickets at many local attractions
* Discounts to various retail stores and more….
- BSN required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Current Texas State RN licensure or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by American Heart Association required.
- Current TNCC required.
- Current ENPC or PALS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Trauma Outcomes Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) must be completed within 12 months of hire.
- Member of the Texas Trauma Coordinators Forum and Society of Trauma Nurses preferred.
- Prior experience in a leadership role required. Minimum five (5) years experience in the Emergency Department.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.