Director, Scientific Publications (Remote position) 5/5/2020
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management, coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results.
The Director of Publications is responsible for supervising and interacting with medical communication agencies, and collaborating with internal stakeholders as well as external authors and academic experts in postoperative pain management. This role also serves as a resource for internal stakeholders concerning, scientific data, and current literature. A key element of this role will be to coordinate and effectively communicate with coauthors and internal resources with the goal of driving successful publications.
* Responsible for development of key scientific publications by ensuring accurate and rigorous communication of data to inform the medical community
* Serve as the subject matter expert on publication-related matters involving the publication plan and as the publications point of contact for key stakeholders
* Demonstrate understanding of acute and chronic pain, and medical strategies and objectives necessary to develop and provide strategic input to senior stakeholders and leadership on matters related to publication planning and data dissemination
* Facilitate decision making during planning and execution process through effective alignment across a broad range of key internal stakeholders (Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Biometrics, and Health Outcomes and Value Assessment and Analytics)
* Ensure plans are adjusted in accordance with clinical trial results/milestones and changes in the market healthcare landscape, monitoring the external medical and scientific information landscape and for leading internal process improvements to remain a leader in the field of pain management, and enable Pacira to be viewed as a partner of choice by healthcare professionals
* Partner with strategy leads to develop and assess, plan, and allocate resources (budget, biostatistical services) to ensure timely delivery of high quality communications
* Manage 3rd-party providers and independent contractors to ensure the timely delivery of quality publications
* Promote and reinforce good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all medical publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to GPP3/ICMJE and Pacira processes
* Create a team environment and culture which emphasizes teamwork, cooperation, personal accountability and a commitment to quality
* This is a remote position, with up to 30% travel required to congresses and the main office as needed. The employee will be required to travel to the main office in Parsippany, NJ monthly. The setting when travelling to the main office is a typical pharmaceutical office environment with offices and cubicles.
* Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desirable.
* 7- 10 years of Pharma/Device/Healthcare industry experience, in both a regional and global capacity, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in scientific communications with a life sciences company or agency, experience must include publications planning and execution
* Experience in customer facing roles a plus
* Scientific expertise in pain is preferred
* Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre & post-launch and marketed)
* Proven ability to think strategically and make strategic decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines, while ensuring scientific accuracy, and transparency
* Adept at building credibility with external investigators and collaborative partners, evidenced by strong leadership behaviors and excellence in the science
* Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
* Understanding of clinical research designs and execution, statistical methods and clinical data reporting requirements
* Demonstrated track record of executing in matrix environment working across wide range of functional areas Medical, Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory, marketing and legal teams
* Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
* Demonstrated track record of managing multiple priorities in rapidly evolving, fast paced, complex environment with successful outcomes
* Demonstrated ability to drive teams to effectively manage timelines while ensuring highest quality using strong organizational, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills working collaboratively across a matrix, multiple markets and global geographies
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (PM Solutions)
* Ability to travel domestically and international as needed
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.