Director/Sr. Technical Program Manager - Security Integration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2020
END DATE 10/21/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTo get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce. It s not just words or a slogan: it s part of the beating heart of the company that everyone contributes to every day. We define trust as security, availability, and performance. Delivering new capabilities is one thing, but we must do so while protecting and earning our customer's trust.
As a Technical Program Manager at Salesforce security in the security integration team you will work on different special projects including large scale umbrella projects to drive anything from security best practices to new innovative technologies or processes including working with keys stakeholders and partner teams to integrate with their security roadmap and deliverables. You will need to update and maintain structure, requirements and roadmaps with changing needs. And the only constant at Salesforce is change! You must be comfortable with ambiguity and can continue to rally a team behind a vision, even if it s not clearly defined.
You will also need to develop strong relationships with our internal security teams as well as our cloud engineering organizations by partnering with the cloud-dedicated Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to consolidate all of these needs from both short and long term planning.
At the tactical level, we are looking for a highly organized, succinct and direct communicator to keep all parties informed of status, decisions, blockers and wins on a weekly basis. This requires you to have a history of managing conflicts with your strong emotional intelligence, and fearlessness in taking a hit if it means protecting your broader team.
You can collaborate with your immediate team to create a joint vision of defining the internal customer experience and what success looks like. You will partner together to establish the current state of customer satisfaction and increased security posture and company trust, identify critical opportunities for high-impact improvements, create visibility into lagging, leading, and coincident indicators to help guide the program to successful outcomes.
* Work on different large-scale and complex projects targeted towards our various business units as well as our internal and external security services and processes.
* Deliver hands on work as an individual contributor; deliverables may be in the form of project plans, short presentation decks, or highly-organized documents that anticipate customer needs and answer them in a story-telling fashion
* Responsible for building strong relationships with the various stakeholders and executives to communicate and drive the program roadmap.
* Develop strong relationships with our security and product teams as well as our cloud organizations to determine current situation together with existing and new roadmaps our clouds and security products needs to deliver to continue to improve their security overall posture.
* Partnering with the various cloud-dedicated Business Information Security Officers (BISO) to consolidate all of the clouds needs together with the BISOs and overall security prioritizations.
* Provide weekly program updates to leadership and stakeholders company wide that highlight actions required, decisions, blockers and wins
* Establish baseline metrics and KPI s for effective program tracking
* Balance your workload to deliver the highest priority items while setting expectations proactively with your stakeholders of what won t get done
* Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), drive the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
* Work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of some technical project planning and delivery for security and infrastructure build out programs.
* Ensure data is collected to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues.
* Utilize internal tools and agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and continuous improvement.
* Support driving a continuous focus on developing software based solutions or using automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks.
* Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives..
* Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback
* Provide feedback to colleagues to encourage an open and collaborative culture.
* 7+ years experience managing large highly complex programs/projects utilizing Agile/Scrum, Kanban
* Prior experience managing programs within private or public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba)
* Experience working in complex an regulated data access solutions
* Familiarity with compliance and security standards, policies, and risk management
* Understand and excel in a matrix management environment
* Experience in driving key information security, compliance and other regulatory requirements internally and externally to the organization.
* Outstanding organizational, detail-oriented, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Able to work well in a cross-functional, geographically distributed environment
* Excellent at setting expectations with teams, through providing meeting agendas, follow-up items, and check-in meetings
* Ability to be flexible with a positive attitude and learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and execute security projects;
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required, preferred Masters in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
* Caring and respectful personality, always putting the needs of people first over the delivery of the project
* Thorough understanding of security related technologies and products is a plus.
* Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
* Ability to collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, and software engineering.
* Experience as a Program Manager and/or Product management is mandatory.
* Experience framing, establishing and implementing large-scale (enterprise-level) change initiatives.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.