Director, Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Technical Accounting serves as a key representative of the Controller s organization and collaborates daily with leaders, managers, and colleagues across our global commercial markets and other functional organizations to facilitate successful achievement of organizational goals, in accordance with US GAAP. This includes providing continuous education, both formal and informal, to stakeholders across the organization.
This role also provides technical accounting analysis and support for business development and other unique and new accounting transactions for Zoetis. The Director also provides ad hoc technical accounting support for Zoetis global commercial markets and other platforms (R&D, Manufacturing, etc.).
They will follow and provide updates on the standard-setting activities of the FASB/SEC/PCAOB/IASB as well as evaluate the applicability to and impact on Zoetis and lead adoption and applicable implementation activities.
The Director mentors and develops members of the Technical Accounting team.
* Develop, implement, interpret and maintain properly detailed accounting policies and procedures, and collaborates with others to develop and implement/interpret any new accounting policies or procedures across Zoetis.
* Monitor and analyze proposed rule changes, lead adoption projects, and initiatives as applicable.
* Key stakeholders involved in special projects and change initiatives throughout the organization, advising on accounting considerations and supporting the design of operational systems and processes.
* Provide technical accounting support for the global lease accounting and revenue recognition centers of excellence.
* Provide consultation and accounting leadership and execution for complex events and transactions including Treasury activity, acquisitions and divestitures (including valuations purchase price allocation, Day 1 and Day 2 accounting), and revenue recognition.
* Support business development in due diligence efforts, review and consult on the accounting and operational impacts of potential transactions.
* Provide consultation support for day-to-day questions on accounting and reporting from all Zoetis functions. Develop appropriate guidance by analyzing data and assumptions, formulate positions/alternatives and communicate the recommend course of action.
* Develop and present training to support continuing education programs for the finance organization, including training related to the adoption of new policies/accounting standards
* Support quarterly and annual reporting and processes including the 10Q/10K disclosure analysis and preparation, impairment assessments for Goodwill and Intangible Assets, subject matter support for the Financial Reporting and Consolidations teams and audit support.
* Manage and support the development of direct reports within the Technical Accounting group, along with colleagues throughout the organization, as applicable.
* University degree in accounting
* Strong technical accounting skills
* 10+ years experience in a financial accounting role
* CPA required
* Prior experience in public accounting (preferably with a Big 4 firm)
* Proactive and flexible business partner with the ability to ensure accounting compliance while prioritizing our core beliefs
* Strong US GAAP knowledge and experience
* Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and functions throughout the organization both verbally and in writing
* Comfortable working in a global, fast-paced, high-energy environment
* Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
* Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders across the organization.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis..