Director, Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting - Revenue 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays. Job Description
The Director, Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting - Revenue, is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Visa s revenue financial accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP. This is an individual contributor role on a team of three, reporting to the Head of Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting. This is a global position and will partner closely with global revenue, global and regional accounting teams, FP&A, product, legal, sales and other teams across the organization to assess the accounting implications for Visa s core and emerging products, business initiatives and strategic alliances. This role also partners with the SEC reporting team to prepare and review sections of the Company s quarterly SEC filings (10-Q/K).
* Act as Visa s technical accounting subject matter expert, with a focus on revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
* Review customer proposals and contracts for revenue recognition implications and provide guidance on deal structure. Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate accounting on revenue related transactions.
* Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental transactions, including analysis, relevant literature and conclusion.
* Evaluate the impact of certain new accounting standards, prepare assessment papers and execute the implementation.
* Create and maintain accounting policies and partner with stakeholders to operationalize accounting policies and procedures.
* Participate in the preparation and/or review of financial statements and footnote disclosures for 10-Qs and 10-Ks as well as earnings materials.
* Provide on-going technical accounting training to the finance organization.
* Work successfully with internal and external auditors to support quarter-end reviews and year-end audits by providing timely & accurate data and communication.
* Assist in special accounting and finance projects on an ad-hoc basis.
* Execute all responsibilities in compliance with our SOX 404 internal control framework.
* 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree in accounting or related field, or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
* Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606 revenue recognition and payments to customers rules.
* 8+ years of relevant work experience, minimum 6+ years big 4 public accounting or revenue recognition experience with a large publicly traded company. SaaS and software experience preferred.
* Strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex U.S. GAAP accounting matters with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) required.
* Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to apply sound judgment in order to:
* facilitate problem identification;
* generate alternative solutions;
* adapt to changing situations; and
* manage issues to a successful resolution.
* Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy.
* Outstanding organizational and project management skills with extensive experience managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders.
* Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments.
* Experience in the preparation of financial statements and footnotes for a publicly-traded company.
* A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization.
* This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
* This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
* This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.