St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Food Service Associate you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Food Service Associate like you to be a part of our team.
As a Food Service Associate, you could be assigned to assist in any area of the Food Service Department including: cafeteria, host or hostess, tray line, dish room, or patient meals. You will help in planning, cooking, preparing foods for service to all customers, including all patients and customers of the facility and cafeteria service.
* You will provide quality customer service to patients by reading patient meal tickets, and preparing trays accurately
* You will deliver meals to patient room and remove trays upon completion of meal
* You will prepare food items for cafeteria and label appropriately
* You will work to maintain a clean kitchen and handle food items according to procedures
* You will keep a clean work station and clean floors, carts, dishware, bus tables and take out trash
* You will set up and work an assigned position on tray line or cafeteria
* You will work to gather food items in pantry and freezer areas
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 171-bed facility offering a range of services including advanced cardiac care at Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock--the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County, which offers heart and valve surgery and includes a catheterization and electrophysiology lab, as well as a Hybrid Operating Room (OR) for cardiovascular patients. Other services include advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center, emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department including locations in Cedar Park and Leander, as well as a dedicated unit for cancer care and inpatient rehabilitation. St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Food Service Associate opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
* Previous experience in food service or customer service area - preferred
* Knowledge of cash register operation and money handling - preferred
* 10th grade education or High School Graduate or GED Equivalent - preferred
License and Certifications
* Current ServSafe Food Handler Permit, Trav/Williamsons County Health Department Food Handler Card or State Food Safety permit within 7 days of hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.