This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/26/2019
END DATE 12/12/2019
Johns Hopkins Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONDISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
Requisition #: 189642
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 25, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Under general supervision, but according to established policies and procedures, performs various duties under the functional areas of Inventory Management and Receiving. These duties include, but are not limited to: receiving, shipping, ordering supplies, determining inventory levels and monitoring supplies using JHHS Materials Management Information Systems.
Performs receiving duties including, but not limited to:
* Verifying accuracy of warehouse deliveries by comparing to purchase orders. Inspecting items for damage or defects.
* Completing appropriate paperwork and entering information into department computer system.
* Unloading and unpacking items from delivery vehicle.
* Transporting and storing items in appropriate warehouse locations.
Performs distribution duties including, but not limited to:
* Filling pick-list requests for warehouse items.
* Preparing and packing items for delivery. Utilizing packing materials and transport units according to established policies and procedures.
* Loading requisitioned items onto delivery vehicle for transport to various sites.
* Completing appropriate paperwork and entering information into department computer system
* Operates motorized and manual material handling equipment including, but not limited to, fork lift, pallet jacks and reach trucks.
* Meets established receiving / distribution quotas and standards of operation.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment according to established policies and procedures.
* Performs related duties, as required.
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a G.E.D. Certificate.
Prior related experience, preferred.
Nights,Full Time (40 hours)
10:00 pm - 6:30 am
At least two weekends per month, required.
JHH Distribution Center,5300 Holabird Avenue Baltimore MD 21224
* Good Verbal communication skills in dealing with users and vendors
* Typing ability, primarily using PC Keyboard.
* A demonstrated history of problem solving skills.
REQUIRED LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION:
* Work is performed in a warehouse/loading dock setting where there is exposure to cold and heat.
* Work requires frequent bending, lifting, pushing and hauling of heavy stock items.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.