Distribution Coordinator - Warehouse Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
Eastern Industrial Supplies, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary: Supervises worker(s) and performs activities associated with counter sales, ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Included are the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Pulls orders for shipment from warehouse and pipeyard inventory including customer and inter-company orders for delivery. Verifies the accuracy of all shipments. Pulls all orders for next day shipment before leaving work.
* Stages and prepares orders for shipment while making sure the items are packaged neatly.
* Separates material to shipping points. Loads outgoing shipments onto trucks and ships orders on common carriers. Ensures all tagged material is double checked before shipment.
* Fills bin areas to keep the products available for pulling orders. Keeps racks and bin areas neat. Also maintains the cleanliness and organization of the warehouse and grounds.
* Completes all shipping paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner and notifies salesperson if the material is short.
* Checks all material received including transfers and customer returns against the purchase order, vendor packing lists, or other documentation. Checks the packing lists to verify material is being delivered to the correct place before unloading the skids.
* Inspects the product for damage. Notes in detail any damage on the freight bill.
* Tags and separates the material that has been received.
* Completes receiving documentation and properly enters all receiving information into the computer system.
* Puts away stock material and restocks the primary order fill locations.
* Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
* Advises employee on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
* Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported nonusable, slow moving, and excess stock. Monitors non-stock items and assists with disposal.
* Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
* Responsible for coordinating a successful year-end inventory. Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
* Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
* Issues written and oral instructions.
* Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
* Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinate.
* Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
* Adjusts errors and complaints.
* Performs duties of subordinate Driver/Distribution Associate, when necessary.
* Reports for work on a regular basis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises one or more non-supervisory employees or temporary employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Initiative - Volunteers readily.
* Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience: Prefer Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing or distribution environment. Require high school diploma or equivalent.
* Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have or should develop knowledge of Eclipse software. Ability to work on personal computers using software applications such as Word and Excel.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Driver's License and DOT Driver Medical Certification; CDL Helpful
* Other Skills and Abilities: None
* Other Qualifications: This company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties to be performed by