This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/4/2020
END DATE 1/31/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU READY TO LEAD A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS
A DISTRIBUTION MANAGER IN DUNDALK,MD!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Distribution Manager is responsible for all phases of distribution including daily truck routing (inter-company shuttles, trailer and bulk deliveries), ordering truck maintenance, and recordkeeping and driver safety meetings. The Distribution Manager is responsible for maximizing delivery service in a safe and efficient manner. This position supervises drivers and coordinates special requirements with Plant Manager and shift leads.
* Provides safety and compliance training to meet DOT, OSHA, FDA and Corporate requirements.
* Champions distribution efficiency initiatives for the location, including demand leveling.
* Drives continuous improvement in daily distribution operations.
* Develops, documents and trains employees on SOPs and processes.
* Daily review and processing of all DOT documentation including vehicle condition reports and drivers hours of service, route efficiency and completion.
* Reviews incoming orders for accuracy and unusual requirements. Communicate unusual requirements for production planning.
* Prepares daily local and inter-branch delivery schedule for cylinders and bulk.
* Prepares load sheets, delivery tickets and manifests and highlights any critical customer requirements. Insures loads are accurate and complete.
* Reviews returned trips for paperwork accuracy and completeness, and unfulfilled orders.
* Reviews open orders for status and closure.
* Responds to inquiries from sales, customer service and branches regarding delivery status and capabilities
* Responds to emergency delivery requirements.
* Manages availability of drivers and equipment, including all maintenance requirements, to insure that adequate resources are available to meet distribution needs.
* Controls distribution costs and maximizes service response through balancing of daily routes and overall system optimization.
* Directly supervises drivers.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent required. College degree in supply chain management or logistics management or related field desired.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution operation.
* Minimum 2 years leadership experience in a distribution environment.
* Current CDL A or B license preferred
* Knowledge of truck routing and shipping hazardous materials.
* Knowledge of DOT regulations and FDA requirements.
* Working knowledge of SAP.
* Efficient in Microsoft Office products.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized, attention to detail.
* Team player with positive attitude, strong collaborative skills, ability to influence without having direct authority.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical procedures, governmental regulations, MSDS, safety rules, manufacturer operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must have effective oral and written English language ability.
* Strong analytical skills, competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents.
* Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
* Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
* Minimal travel, minimal overnight travel occasional weekend and on-call status.
* Occasionally be able to move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability