District Sales Manager - Albuquerque
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/27/2019
END DATE 1/26/2020
American Air Filter Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAAF International offers the most comprehensive clean air solutions available across the globe. Selling under the American Air Filter and the AAF International brand names, AAF International has been an industry pioneer since 1921 and has since grown to operations in over 22 countries with over 3000 employees. Our products are the industry benchmarks for quality and performance, and delivers clean air solutions in residential, commercial and industrial air pollution control, gas containment removal, power generation, and other stringent clean room environments.
We are a member of the Daikin Group, the world's largest air conditioning and clean air solutions provider with over $15 Billion in sales and 56,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1924, Daikin has grown into a diversified industrial manufacturing company offering solutions in clean, air, air conditioning, refrigeration, chemicals, oil hydraulics, defense systems and electronics. AAF and Daikin are powered by our investment in people, products, and our processes.
Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and world class operations is powered by our people centered management philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team, we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth & development, and continued happiness in being a long term member of the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back to our community for our success.
Read more about our philosophy at: http://www.daikin.com/about/corporate/philosophy/index.html
AAF International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
* Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based sales approach highlighting the advantages/value proposition
* Demonstrates products to existing and potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
* Manages existing distribution and direct end user accounts
* Manages sales goals - profit and budget expenses
* Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to maintain current and generate new business
* Makes telephone calls, in-person sales calls and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
* Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
* Develops clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers.
* Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
* Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical services.
* Analysis the territory/market s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the Company.
* Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting sales profile, share and value opportunities.
* Identifies advantages and compares products.
* Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing return on time invested for the territory/market segment.
* Provides management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
* Stays current with product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, and marketing trends and activities.
* Participates in trade shows and conventions as requested.
* Travel approximately 30%.
* Other duties assigned
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* SAP and/or Salesforce preferred
* Understanding and experience with high value added product selling, pricing, and negotiation.
* Channel management, including an understanding of distribution models and end user motivations.
* Experience selling to mechanical contractors, facility managers, general contractors, and C-level management a plus.
* Ability to communicate a technical concept or value added benefit to achieve buy-in from diverse teams to meet sales targets and profitability.
* A history of consistently delivering on expectations for growth and profitability must be demonstrated.
* A team player that possesses a natural way of influencing, both internally and externally.
* A self-starter with a creative eye to implement marketing and promotional campaigns designed to achieve specific growth objectives regionally and nationally.
* 1-2 years prior selling experience.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited University in Business or related field preferred
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.