Dock Worker/Warehouse Associate 9/13/2020
General Logistics Systems US, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mountain Valley Express is the West Coast\'s premier LTL trucking company (A GLS Company). We have an amazing opportunity for entry-level logistics professionals to join our award-winning team! Great hours for working students or those looking for a second position!
Dockworker/Warehouse Associate Positions Available: Part-time 4AM-10AM OR Part-time 4PM-10PM Shifts
Loads, unloads, and moves freight on dock by performing the following duties:
* Reads manifests or follows oral instructions to ascertain freight to be moved. Opens trailers.
* Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets by hand.
* Loads materials into vehicles and installs bracing, rope, or dunnage to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
* Counts, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on control copy and manifest.
* Loads truck for local drivers.
* Lifts heavy objects by hand or with pallet jacks or hand trucks and cleans work area.
* Shovels loose materials such as absorbent to clean up liquid spills into containers such as barrels.
* Operates forklift (after being certified) to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Please apply online (see link below)
To access more information about this position, please advance to http://MountainValleyExpressCoInc.appone and use the search feature to find the position.
About Our Company
Come work for a great company with strong employee retention and a team of industry veterans with true passion for what they do. General Logistics Systems US is a leading regional delivery carrier which has been providing Priority, Ground, and Freight services throughout the West since 1995. Thousands of companies across all industries rely on our company to deliver time-critical packages and documents every day because we've got an amazing team that goes the extra mile for our customers. We're always looking to expand our team with like-minded professionals, therefore if this job might be a good fit for you, submit your resume.
Mountain Valley Express (A GLS US company) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply, we strive to select the best qualified applicant for each position in our organization. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We comply with all laws and regulations relating to employment discrimination and is always committed to doing what's right.