Door Worker I 5/6/2020
Foxworth Galbraith Lumber Company
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Under direct supervision, produces established quantity of doors according to minimum standards of quality.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs all essential duties and responsibilities contained in the Door Trainee job description.
2. Chooses the correct jamb for each job by differentiating between different jamb types, species and sizes.
3. Prepares jambs including applying stops, weather strips and prepare strike and hinge jambs.
4. Chooses the correct casing and trim by differentiating between different types, species and sizes.
5. Prepares and applies casing and trim by cutting casing and trim to correct length and applying to finished units.
6. Becomes knowledgeable on all door types and sizes.
7. Learns the steps in metal door preparation.
8. Assembles single hung interior and exterior units including application of thresholds.
9. Learns the setup procedures and safe operation of the following machinery:
b. Radial Arm Saw
c. Chop Saw
d. Jamb Stitcher
e. Jamb Strike Machine f. Table Saw
i. Double End Trim
j. Door Lite Machine
10. Shows initiative in learning door manufacturing.
11. Follows established safety guidelines and procedures for all assignments.
12. Maintains work stations including inventory and work areas according to Company standards and housekeeping guidelines.
13. Complies with all Company requirements for conduct and work behavior.
14. Attends and participates in all Company sponsored training programs as required.
15. Performs any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This job requires no certificates, licenses or registrations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to read and use a tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)