Dosimetrist - Full Time Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 3/16/2020
SLH Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The best place to give care. The best place to get care. That is the Saint Luke s vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice or office, our nearly 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke s employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care.
Saint Luke s Hospital of Kansas City is currently seeking a motivated Medical Dosimetrist to join our team serving the Kansas City region. This full-time position will collaborate with our 5 physicist and 6 dosimetrist team supporting 4 treatment centers treating 110 patients per day. The successful candidate shows initiative and commitment to clinical practice consistent with the ASTRO Accreditation Program for Excellence.
* Clinical medical dosimetrist practice within our all-Varian integrated environment that includes 2-TrueBeam, 2-21iX, and 1-21EX LINACs, 4 CT Simulators, Eclipse treatment planning, and 1 dedicated HDR facility using a Varisource iX afterloader.
* Participates within a team-based peer review/support process to enhance treatment plan quality
* Supports special treatment procedures including SRS/SRT radiosurgery, SBRT, DIBH and HDR Brachytherapy using advanced technologies such as ARIA/Eclipse, FFF Beam Modes, 4DCT, VMAT, and SGRT.
* Ensure adherence to departmental policy and state and federal requirements.
* Certified Medical Dosimetrist as specified by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board.
* We will consider board-eligible candidates for the CMD Board Exam.
* Experience with Varian equipment and ARIA Record & Verify is preferred.
Kansas City offers vibrant cultural opportunities coupled with desirable cost of living and nationally ranked educational opportunities. The successful candidate can look forward to joining a dedicated team providing outstanding medical dosimetry services while maintaining a comfortable work/life balance.
To apply online, go to www.saintlukeskc.org/careers or for more information and questions, please email: email@example.com or call us directly at 816-932-5331. We look forward to learning more about your career goals.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Cert Medical Dosimetrist - Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
"THE BEST PLACE TO GET CARE. THE BEST PLACE TO GIVE CARE." THAT IS THE SAINT LUKE'S VISION AND, WHETHER IN A HOSPITAL, CLINIC, PRACTICE, OR OFFICE, OUR MORE THAN 12,000 EMPLOYEES STRIVE TOWARD THAT VISION EVERY DAY. SAINT LUKE'S EMPLOYEES ARE PROUD OF OUR RICH HISTORY AND HERITAGE, AND THAT WE REMAIN THE ONLY FAITH-BASED, NONPROFIT, LOCALLY OWNED HEALTH SYSTEM IN KANSAS CITY. JOINING SAINT LUKE'S MEANS JOINING A TEAM OF EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALS WHO ALWAYS STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN PATIENT CARE. TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER WITHIN A HIGHLY DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORK SPACE WHERE ALL VOICES MATTER.
JOIN THE KANSAS CITY REGION'S PREMIERE PROVIDER OF HEALTH SERVICES. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE HIRE ONLY NON-TOBACCO USERS.