Driver - Critical Care Transport in Birmingham, AL 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DRIVER - CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT IN BIRMINGHAM, AL
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Driver - Critical Care Transport
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and transportation in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Transport patients between homes/hospitals/accident scenes to the medical examiners facilities in a timely manner.
* Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and home addresses.
* Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each transport.
* Ensure van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit clean.
* Must know and use Standard Codes in radio transmission.C
* Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift.
* Report mechanical problems to Fleet Manager.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to work around others, extended day, inside and outside, other hazardous conditions, human excrement and body fluids.
* Manage disposable supplies; e.g. protective personal equipment, body bags; maintain durable equipment, use time clock.
* Use stretcher, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, radio.
* Ability to read maps to locate hospitals and medical facilities
* Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS- (FIELD EMPLOYEES ONLY)
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Valid Driver s License
* Valid CPR card
* Prefer experience from medical transport company, health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner s office.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS