E&I Supervisor 2/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Supervises the work of approximately 15 EI Technicians and coordinate with but not directly supervise General Mechanics.
* Coordinates with EI Planners to ensure all PM's are scheduled and completed.
* Initiates work orders and actions to correct unsafe acts and conditions; attends maintenance planning and coordination meetings to help prioritize scheduled work and efficiently handle \\"break-in\\" work as necessary.
* Provides technical assistance and creative thinking during planning and coordination of meetings to deliver the most cost-effective solutions to mechanical and EI issues.
* Prioritizes work to be performed by EI technicians and consult with Planner or Reliability Engineer on work to be contracted.
* Partners with Reliability group to ensure preventive maintenance programs or permanent electrical equipment modifications are put in place to address the \\"root causes\\" of downtime and quality issues.
* Ensures safety best practices and policies are followed.
* Helps maintain a safe work environment by walking the floor and fostering two-way communication.
* Manages and engages EI technicians in accordance with GPI values and business strategy;
* Schedules work assignments, vacations, and address other personnel issues for EI department maintenance personnel
* Ensures plans, schedules, and materials are available to allow for work to be handled effectively and efficiently (daily and outages).
* Assists in development and execution of \\"outage\\" strategy and plan.
* Collaborates with production operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
* Teaches technical fundamentals to EI technicians and operations personnel when appropriate.
* Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 5+ years' experience in manufacturing or maintenance
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to set expectations and motivate crew members toward meeting mill and department goals.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
* Candidates with a combination of education and applicable experience in automation and electrical systems will be given preference.
* Must have a minimum of five years' experience supporting automation and electrical systems.
* Experience utilizing a Computer based Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to access and update equipment maintenance records.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Technical degree or related experience
* Knowledge of electrical safe work practices; NEC and NFPA 70-E Electrical Safety Standard
* Effective written and verbal communications skills
* Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook
* SAP Business Software Knowledge preferred
* The incumbent must provide strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
* General schedule is M-F assignment; however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Must be able to work nights and weekends in support of the On-Call rotation to support the 24/7 operational schedule.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Results Oriented
* Priority setting
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.