eCommunications Support Specialist (7455U) - #2959 11/17/2019
University of California-Berkeley
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
eCommunications Support Specialist (7455U) - #2959
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 28, 2019
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
* Provides leadership on reporting of constituent engagement with electronic communications, including creating reports.
* Manages electronic communications tool for the campus, including consulting services, end-user workshops, cross-campus community collaboration and best practices, problem solving, and training opportunities.
* Responsible for testing email communications and giving applications to ensure technical accuracy.
* Maintains currency with emerging communications and other web-related platforms, gathering requirements and developments (for example, accessibility issues) and recommends and as directed, takes action to ensure compliance.
* Thorough knowledge of email marketing systems and/or relevant online giving web applications used for communications and fundraising.
* Demonstrable experience engaging large community of technical applications in best practices, providing learning opportunities, solutions strategies, and self-help guidelines.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and a proven record of teamwork and collaboration in a diverse environment.
* Experience working with a CRM application or data warehouse; updating records, generating reports, etc.
* Strong technical skills in enterprise applications for email and web production, asset management, layout and publishing communications
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and balance varying volumes of work assignments and adapt to changing needs
* Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems
* Good organizational, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
* Thorough skills to create clear, intuitive, accurate, well-designed, and functional email templates and web pages that provide content consistent with the campus message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
* Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: