Editor, Facebook Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 7/10/2020
PRO Unlimited @ facebook
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Facebook Design community is comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists who together design new products and experiences across Facebook's family of apps including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus, among others. We are looking for an experienced writer / editor with a proven track record to develop and publish content that helps build brand awareness for Facebook Design and engages with our thriving internal and external design communities. This individual will have extensive experience in all aspects of this role and will be able to work independently and positively influence the overall output across Facebook Design's internal and external publishing channels. This role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. A highly organized approach, attention to detail, sound judgment and consistent delivery are mandatory.
As a masterful storyteller and editor, you'll partner closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to develop, plan and publish engaging content for Facebook Design's external channels like Medium and for internal communications. You'll have the opportunity to help define growth and engagement goals, manage an editorial calendar, and develop creative content and the curation processes. You will work closely with fellow teammates from Central Design Programs to amplify these stories internally and externally across related social channels and the Facebook Design website.
Whether you call yourself a content marketer, writer, editor, copywriter or something in between and have experience writing about the field of design, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a contract position based in our San Francisco office.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Collaborate with Facebook Design s internal community to develop engaging content that serves a global external audience
* Develop and manage a publishing strategy for Facebook Design on Medium and other long-form content that is strategically aligned with editorial priorities, recruiting goals and the broader company mission and values
* Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Recruiting and Communications teams to ensure content aligns to key narratives and brand and editorial priorities
* Plan, write, edit and publish original content in partnership with Facebook authors
* Manage and maintain copy and style guidelines for external publishing channels and a regular review process with key stakeholders
* Help apply and maintain consistency with content standards
* Partner with broader publishing team to adapt and develop original content for social media posts and website updates
* Develop short- and long-form copy for internal communications and special projects
* Maintain a leading-edge understanding of what matters most to the global design community to help inform publishing strategy
* Manage day-to-day operations on Medium like community moderation and tracking daily performance metrics, especially with a human-centered lens and exercising sound judgment
* Develop analytics reports and communicate progress to key stakeholders
* Identify and address opportunities for systems and process improvements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * Minimum of 6+ years of writing experience in an editorial, marketing or public relations capacity
* Proficiency with Medium and blogging platforms
* Fluency in design thinking and experience developing design-related content, especially user experience design
* Highly experienced storyteller who can craft stories about complex topics in a simple, compelling way through text and multimedia
* Proven ability to write, edit and simplify abstract concepts for a diverse, global audience and adapt content to reach target audiences
* Experience developing visual content to accompany stories a plus, including but not limited to photography, illustration and video
* Experience collaborating in a creative environment with artists, producers, writers, photographers, designers and other cross-functional partners
* Experience working successfully in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions in highly organized manner
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish, improvise and shift strategy and operate with ambiguity
* Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and highly dependable
* Speak and write English fluently (native English speaker preferred)
* Bachelor's degree required
Powered by JazzHR