Editor/Writer, Business Development 6/4/2020
University Research Co., LLC
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Editor/Writer, Business Development
LOCATION: Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 1448
# OF OPENINGS: 1
EDITOR/WRITER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: Chevy Chase, Maryland
SALARY: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC has managed projects in over 80 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, especially among underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
The BD Department works across the company s technical divisions and support departments to support all aspects of the business development lifecycle to deliver a high-volume of competitive proposal opportunities with USG and other key donors in line with URC s strategic goals. The BD Department supports pipeline development, capture planning, and proposal preparation. For capture planning, the Department collaborates closely with champions in the technical divisions to identify and actively monitor upcoming opportunities (among USG and other donors) and strategize teaming arrangements, staffing, and approaches. The Department plays a key role in intelligence gathering and positioning strategies that strengthen URC s stature, credibility, and likelihood of winning new business. BD s role in proposal development includes: working with technical divisions to resource proposal roles; writing proposal sections; facilitating the development of compliant, well-written, and compelling technical volumes; coordinating the development of cost volumes; and preparing high-quality annexes, graphics, and overall proposal presentation responsive to donor requirements and in line with URC branding. The BD Department collaborates cross-departmentally for effective proposal development and guides continuous refinement of internal processes (including tools, templates, and other resources) to strengthen efficiencies and overall quality of the proposal development process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
URC seeks an Editor/Writer to join its BD Department. S/he will support technical proposal development and provide editing and content writing services for proposals. The candidate will work closely with technical divisions to develop high-quality, responsive proposals. S/he will report to the Senior Director, Business Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Work closely with URC s technical experts in the HQ and field offices to design and articulate compelling technical approaches and narratives for high-quality, competitive proposals.
* Ensure proposal content is responsive to the evaluation criteria for each section and is fully compliant to the client s and URC s requirements.
* Actively engage with proposal teams and participate in proposal development and color review meetings, effectively incorporating feedback and revisions in a timely manner.
* Ensure standardization and a unified voice in proposals, from content provided by technical experts, including management and staffing sections and annexes.
* Work closely with the proposal manager and cost lead, ensure the cost volume content carries alignment with the technical volume.
* Provide outstanding quality in proposals, editing for grammar, clarity, sentence structure, spelling, and formatting.
* Schedule and conduct final review of all outgoing proposals unless otherwise specified.
* Refine URC s style guide and proposal templates, making sure they are up-to-date and accessible for use by proposal teams.
* Write, edit, and/or review content for marketing materials such as one-pagers, project briefs, capacity statements, digital platform content, and presentations to partners, clients, and other external audiences.
* Support editing and review of project deliverables and written content as requested.
* Master s degree in public health, journalism, communication, marketing, international relations, education, or a related field preferred.
* Experience in writing, editing, and reviewing reports and documents.
* Familiarity with critical global development issues; experience in the health sector desired.
* Ability to weave state-of-the-art information into innovative and exciting content and key messaging of public-facing materials preferred.
* Ability to adjust to changes and work-related demands on short notice. Ability to balance multiple projects while meeting deadlines and maintaining quality.
* Ability to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams especially under pressure
* Highly motivated, dynamic, detail-oriented, people-person.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page: WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREER-OPPORTUNITIES.
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.