Educational Market Segment Leader 11/8/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company: L.R. Kimball, a division of CDI Engineering Solutions
Position: Senior Director - Education
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: January, 2020
Senior Director - Education, to support the Mid-Atlantic Region. The right candidate will have been involved with award winning designs and capable of sharing their vision and talents with team members, educators, school boards, and the larger community. We are looking for an architect whose portfolio demonstrates holistic solutions that indicate a deep knowledge of best practices in education, ability to innovate within the prescribed program and budget, and someone who can effectively communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
* Master's Degree in Architecture from an accredited school preferred. Bachelors of Architecture will be considered along with NCARB certification and a current license to practice Architecture in at least one state, PA, NJ, MD, DE, WV. LEED certification a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of best practices, current trends in education, and design standards for the education market (K-12, Higher Ed, Colleges, Private Schools). Prefer a market segment leader with knowledge of programming and education standards. Pennsylvania PlanCon experience is a plus.
* Candidates with skills or the ability to create dynamic presentations are preferred.
* Excellent writing and communication skills required along with the ability to create and oversee the graphics and marketing team responsible for the Education market are preferred.
* Examples of tangible innovation in this market will be a differentiator.
Lead Market Segment as design thought leader
Lead coordination of business development/sales team to expand geographic growth
Provide thought leadership design solutions within project budget
Collaborate with client and project design teams
Job Qualifications & Skills:
10-15 years of related experience
Proficiency in architectural design, ACA design criteria, and applicable code analysis
Highly effective communication skills
Self-starter, focused, well organized and team oriented
MS Office required, Sketch-up/Revit/BIM a plus
Bachelors or Masters in Architecture
Registered Architect PA, NJ Preferred. Others: NY, WV, DE, MD
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.