Electrical Construction Project Management Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2019
END DATE 1/2/2020
P1 Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONP1 Group, Inc., is seeking an Electrical Construction Project Management Intern for Summer 2020 based in our Lenexa, Kansas office. This is a paid seasonal position.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Project Management Internship Positions support smaller projects with our Service Department or larger projects with our Construction Department. The responsibilities of the Intern are to assist Project Managers with active projects and to obtain exposure to many functions of the construction contracting industry. Interns are paid P1 employees.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
* Current enrollment in a college/university bachelor (4-year) degree program related to electrical engineering or construction management. Must be at Sophomore or Junior college level at the time of employment application. Must have at least one semester of college remaining following Summer 2020, (We will verify your enrollment, degree program and year in school.)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Working knowledge of computer software, including spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Interested in pursuing a career related to the construction industry.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.