Electrical Engineer 9/8/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
World's largest mattress manufacturing facility is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to help support our facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and improve manufacturing processes as part of New Product Development process.
* Evaluate department performance opportunities with production team to propose improvement plans, implement necessary improvements, effectively track those projects, and be able to communicate the status professionally to the management group and operations stakeholders.
* Be able to develop process improvements, and then carry those improvements to the other Tempur facility as a way of sharing and implementing best practices.
* Develop RFQs (request for quote) to specify needed capital equipment. Write CARs (capital appropriation request) to allocate funding for the capital project. Develop timelines, runoff criteria, installation plans (working with contractors), and commissioning of new capital equipment to ensure we manage the project from a cost and timing perspective.
* Work in partnership with R&D and production on new product trials to reduce product and process variances.
* Evaluate and investigate product and process change request.
* Implement cost reduction and quality improvement projects.
* Work directly with production managers and maintenance personnel to provide support in manufacturing areas.
* Work with engineering and production to develop standard work and process rates.
* Collaborate with leadership teams to develop Current and Future Value Stream Maps.
* Understand basic maintenance principles related to hydraulics, pneumatics, and control systems.
* Understand part tolerancing, gaging methodology, and the calibration of process capability indexes (Cp/Cpk/Pp/Ppk).
* Work with maintenance to implement effective PM/TPM programs.
* Must be able to configure the hardware of the PC on which process control software is installed, and develop usable HMI, MMI user interfaces on both process control PC's and dedicated operator interfaces/touch screens.
* Must be familiar with the operation, application, and troubleshooting of AC and DC motors and frequency drivers, stepper motors and controls, and servo motors and controls.
* Must be familiar with the theory of digital communications and their various protocols, including ethernet, Profibus, DeviceNet, DH+, DH_485, RS-232, RS-485, etc.
* Must be able to design and manage the installation of moderate to complex projects. This includes oversight of different trades (electrical, mechanical, tech) both internal and external, material purchasing, and project completion date management.
* Travel will be required (estimate one week per quarter).
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each assigned duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Hands on experience with Lean Manufacturing and the successful utilization of lean tools including, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and TPM is a desired skill but not mandatory.
* Assembly experience with working knowledge of process flows, conveyance systems, and general machining knowledge is desired.
* Proven ability to specify equipment and manage equipment installations.
* Experience using structured root cause analysis for quality and process issues. Six Sigma experience preferred. Understanding of MiniTab statistical software program is a plus.
* Experience in AutoCAD or Solid Works is desired but not mandatory.
* Experience in Microsoft Project or other time/project management tools is desired.
* Experience in capital project management and continuous improvement activities is desired.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering required. Other four year technical degrees will be considered with appropriate experience. One or more years of applicable experience is desired.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
* Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
* Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to top management.
* Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, and quadratic equations.
* Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
* Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
* May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through the day.
* Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday.
* Proper lifting techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position will frequently require exposure to the manufacturing areas, where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment..