Electrical Engineer (Facilities and Infrastructure) - Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Required 8/22/2020
Logistics Management Institute
Las Cruces, NM
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
LMI seeks an Electricial Engineer to support a variety of facility, construction, and project managment tasks onsite with client in Las Cruces, NM (in government space). The position will apply engineering techniques and analysis to facility infrastructure projects supporting a client's critical mission and infrastructure needs.
* Ability to assist in project planning, specification writing, and design validation.
* Experience related to low and medium voltage power distribution design in commercial and industrial facilities.
* Experience with SKM modeling/management of power coordination studies, maintaining and using power monitoring technologies, obtaining PUE reporting, and medium voltage switching technologies.
* Plan, monitor, coordinate and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets of multimillion dollar projects.
* Provide site leadership with strategic power requirements related to site growth in effort to meet future multi-year planning.
* Develop and manage an electrical engineering project plans, design reviews and design approvals including RFI's and submittals.
* Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
* Supervise, plan and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Integrated Factory Acceptance Test with customers.
* Understanding of Critical Infrastructure and ability to assess reliability based on reviewing historical data, reports, or interviewing technical/non-technical personnel familiar with such assets or components (i.e. power generators, utility production and distribution, chilled water plants, electrical distribution components, data centers, etc)
* Ability to estimate and produce a rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for facility project planning and programming.
* B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
* A minimum of 7 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer (Facility Power Production, Associated Backup Systems and Medium/Low Distribution systems) within the DoD, IC, or commercial industry in the last 12 years
* Basic knowledge of the government organization and method of conducting business.
* Knowledge of facility operations & maintenance activities and procedures.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to team with industry partners.
* Demonstrated experience with project and construction estimating.
* Demonstrated track record of adhering to tight schedules with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple and competing resources.
* Demonstrated project management skills associated with managing performance, budget, schedules, and adhering to control gates
* Knowledge of federal, state and local building and safety codes.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
* Understanding of ICS/SCADA systems and electronic controls, energy monitoring and control systems (EMCS).
* Understanding of quality management principles to include quality assurance and quality control.
* Understanding of and experience in reliability centered maintenance, predictive maintenance principles and practices.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.