Electrical Engineer 6/6/2020
North Wind Infrastructure and Technology
Idaho Falls, ID
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electrical Engineer
CompanyNorth Wind Infrastructure and Technology
Job TypeFull Time
North Wind Infrastructure and Technology is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer who is familiar with both design and design/build delivery methods for projects. In this role, the candidate will apply electrical engineering knowledge, practice, and techniques to solve applied and operational problems in facility and associated infrastructure design. Candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers and will review other electrical engineers' work for accuracy, compliance, and constructability.
* Bachelor's degree plus 4 years experience with a PE or Master's degree plus 3 years experience with a PE.
* Experience and a working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
* Experienced in development of engineering design packages including design drawings, specifications, cost estimating, creating installation and testing instructions and plans, and creating technical and functional design requirements (TFRs).
* Skilled at reviewing contractor submittals for approval and respond to requests for information (RFI's), and will be responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and coordination of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Strong background and knowledge of the National Electric Code and other industry electrical codes and standards. Strong communications skills, both written and verbal. Preferable to have practical experience with site construction.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.