Electrical Engineering Co-Op (July-December 2020) 4/1/2020
Signify North America Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE ARE
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
As a co-op, you will assist in system level testing of LED lamps. Tasks will include electrical, thermal and optical testing. You will also create reports to summarize the results of your test(s). Students will be able to assist in analyzing and solving customer related issues or inquiries. Students will have an excellent opportunity to learn about lighting and systems and how Philips LED lamps is going to revolutionize the lighting industry.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
TOGETHER WE CAN
* Perform system testing with power analyzers, oscilloscopes.
* Perform thermal testing using thermocouples and data loggers.
* Perform optical tests.
* Develop and execute test procedures.
* Search for electronic components and contacting vendors.
* Other department related tasks.
* A full-time BS/MS degree student enrolled in an Electrical Engineering program. Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level students considered.
* Ideal students should have some experience with soldering and electrical testing using standard lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes and Digital Volt Meters.
* Students must bring energy and enthusiasm and be able to work with minimal supervision
* Able to work full time for a period of 6 months, beginning July 2020..
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.