Electrical Project Engineer - Industrial 9/2/2020
Helix Electric Inc
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
There's something to be said about a strong project manager and leader. Not just someone who talks the talk but truly has a track record of excellence and success. Those are the types of individuals that we seek. The types of individuals that are passionate about our industry and what they've dedicated their lives to - BUILDING. Not just the literal term "building" - but truly creating the future infrastructure of our country. See - that's what we mean by passion. That's what we mean by vision. Helix Electric does not just provide you with a career - but a PURPOSE.
We are looking for a well-rounded, technically astute project leader who will manage a portfolio of projects as if it were their own business. Helix is built on the idea of entrepreneurship and a strong desire to be the best. We expect the same mentality from our Project Managers and all of our employees.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record on profitability, productivity, quality standards and effective relationship building, while mentoring project engineers. Last, but not least, we are seeking a leader who is always keeping an eye out for innovative ways to increase our performance and efficiencies on all levels.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
* Develop and build strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
* Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
* Develop and lead project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
* Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
* Manage, mentor, and develop a group.
* Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
* Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
* Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
* Provide oversight for third party construction firms.
* Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting.
* Ensure high quality engineering, studies, and Helix project delivery.
* Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks and successes.
* Oversee invoice per project terms and negotiate appropriate change orders.
* At least 2 to 3 years of project engineer experience in industrial electrical construction; specifically Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants preferred
* Understand engineering in electric power.
* Field experience coordinating with construction management.
* Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
* Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects
* Demonstrated ability to run a profitable portfolio.
* Exceptional initiative, execution and communication skills, both oral and written.
* Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
* BSEE or Construction Management degree strongly preferred.
* Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
project coordinator, assistant project manager, APM, senior project engineer, document controler, project assistant