Electrical Systems Engineer/Technician Journeyman, Whiteman AFB,MO,US,ID#17655
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/3/2020
Whiteman Afb, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONElectrical Systems Engineer/Technician - Journeyman Requisition #17655
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Electrical Systems Engineer/Technician -Journeyman to support the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron at Whiteman AFB, MO under this Civil Engineer Project Support services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The primary purpose of these positions is to serve as AMP Managers in their respective area of expertise for the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron.
* Manages and executes Asset Management Plans (AMP) and/or Sub-Asset Management Plans (Sub-AMP) for entire installation.
* Analyzes and manages asset data related to a facility, system, or systems within assigned portfolio.
* Manages the planning of the assigned portfolio and facilitates integration of requirements and priorities into respective AMPs and Comprehensive Asset Management Plans (CAMP).
* Assesses the assets, identifies requirements and performance trends, effectively plans, programs, and budgets, resources and processes necessary for optimal life-cycle operation of the portfolio using a risk-based approach while working with multiple shops/trades, flights, and other installation organizations and functions.
* Assists in defining/prioritizing requirements within the respective portfolio to include identifying and working to resolve issues.
* Performs work planning to include development of the maintenance strategic plan based on available funds and budgetary constraints.
* Effectively plans, forecasts, and advocates for resources (e.g., manpower, money). Ensures requirements use risk-based approaches to optimize life-cycle operation and support strategic goals.
* Makes recommendations to AFIMSC/AFCEC/MAJCOM to inform policy and enterprise asset management.
* Develop investment courses of actions (COAs) based on greatest return-on- investment (ROI) (e.g., lowest life-cycle costs) to deliver a balanced cost & risk investment plan for each asset which comprises their portfolio. Maintain knowledge of 32 series AFIs and unified facilities criteria (UFC) applicable to Operations Flight and Engineering Flight.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must be US Citizens
* Candidates will be subject to a US federal government background investigation
* BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or construction related field.
* Two (2) to ten (10) years of experience in on-site construction inspection experience is required.
* Minimum of five (5) years of relevant on-site project type experience.
* Professional-level certification and/or registration is highly desirable.
* Strong leadership skills needed and ability to mentor junior level staff as needed.
* Experience with project planning and budget cost estimating is highly desirable.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
* Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
* Interprets standards, codes, and policies and routinely apply them to develop project requirements, creates designs and/or reviews design submissions.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting on a US military installation, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2019 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.