Electrician- building engineer- critical data center 6/6/2020
Newmark Knight Frank
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ELECTRICIAN - BUILDING ENGINEER - CRITICAL DATA CENTER
*THE FACILITY IS STAFFED 24/7 AND IDEAL CANDIDATES SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WORKING A ROTATING SCHEDULE.*
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Provide operational support and technical services for the critical data center.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Monitor the facility operations and identify and be able to immediately recognize system faults and respond to operational emergency situations.
* Maintain and repair the mechanical, electrical, building automation, security and fire protection systems that protect and support a critical data center.
* Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and Log Books to accurately record and track Preventative Maintenance.
* Coordinate contractor and management approvals for work orders that require the use of outside contractors. Maintain detailed logs of all work performed.
* Read, comprehend and work from complex technical information (i.e. blueprints, sketches, building plans and schematics) pertaining to electrical and mechanical systems.
* Understand sequences of operation of complex building systems.
* Develop Method of Procedures (MOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) for site specific equipment.
* Adhere to Method of Procedure (MOP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and formal Change Control processes to implement changes.
* Interact with all parts of the organization to respond to a variety of service requests. Perform any and all work, to ensure the safety of the buildings tenants and the continuous operation of the facility.
* Maintain strict compliance with all Federal, State and Local codes, regulations and standards.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFIED APPLICANT WILL:
* Be a self-starter
* Thrive in a fast paced environment
* Work well independently, as well as part of a team
* Be well rounded and cross train in all trades
* Have a good working knowledge of most hand and power tools
* Be able to complete required safety classes
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Current Electricians License Required
* 2-4 years previous critical data center operations engineering experience preferred
* Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Google G Suite) able to learn proprietary systems and software.
* Proficient with Building Automation Systems (BAS/BMS)
* Delta Controls/enteliWEB experience a plus
* Proficient Electrical Power Monitoring Systems
* Schnieder Power Management Expert (PME) a plus
* Familiarity with computer maintenance management systems (CMMS)
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
* Generous healthcare
* Bright Horizons back-up care program
* Generous paid time off
* Education reimbursement
* Referral Program
* Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements. This job includes work both inside and outside.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.