Electrician (1st Shift) 1/15/2020
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
To analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul electrical equipment and controls. Responsibilities
* Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
* Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
* Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
* Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
* Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
* Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
* Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
* Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
* Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
* Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
* Rotates as member of overhaul planning team in preparation for semi-annual maintenance overhauls.
* May be part of a mechanical team on major installations, working with other trades such as machinist, pipefitter, millwright etc.
* On night shifts and weekends may be called on to do temporary repairs in millwright or pipefitter work.
* Rotates as member of plant safety audit team inspecting for electrical problems.
* Vocational school or junior technical college training in electronics. Satisfactory completion of formal apprenticeship or completion of in-plant, four year training program to satisfaction of the plant training committee.
* State license required (Grade III) for Installation and Industrial Electrician.
* Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
* Meets company's substance abuse testing requirements; as a safety sensitive person, may be subject to random substance abuse checks.
* Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
* High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
* High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
* Exposed to high voltage electricity.
Trade School Degree
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or training
We Offer: Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.