Electronic Fabrication Technologist/Engineering Technician V/VI 8/19/2020
North Wind Services LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electronic Fabrication Technologist/Engineering Technician V/VI
Job TypeFull Time
CompanyNorth Wind Services LLC
The National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate is seeking qualified electronic fabrication technician. Under general supervision, the successful candidate will work with customers including scientists and engineers to support manufacturing efforts including electrical/electronic fabrication and packaging; assembly and modification of printed circuit boards and cable harnesses; assembly and disassembly of electronic devices, chassis and systems other specialized equipment used to support ongoing research and projects at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Provide general fabrication support to assist in the planning, organizing, and completion of moderately complex manufacturing projects.
- Assist with translating general schematic drawing, parts list, assembly drawings and verbal requirements into specific hardware deliverables.
- Assemble, modify and repair through hole and surface mount printed circuit boards.
- Manufacture cables and harnesses using standard crimpers and hand tools.
- Provide manufacturing support for miniature electronic circuits and cable harnesses requiring extensive use of bench top microscope.
- Fabricate, assemble and disassemble electronic devices and experimental apparatus using standard hand tools, soldering, test and measurement equipment.
- Propose solutions and alternate approaches to improve manufacturing efficiency and quality.
- Assemble and install industrial control panels, enclosures and systems.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties at the Tech VI Level
- Plan, organize and lead multiple projects of limited scope at the same time.
- Develop and update work procedures, schematics and other engineering drawings.
- Train and mentor junior technicians on layout, fabrication and installation of electrical and electronic assemblies.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Associate s degree in electronics, or equivalent combination of education and experience and prior relevant experience.
- Intermediate skills, knowledge and abilities in electronics fabrication, inspection, or micro-fabrication which may be application specific.
- Ability to read and interpret moderately complex electrical, electronic and mechanical drawings and work from verbal instructions.
- Experience with industrial and automation control system assembly and installation.
- Experience soldering surface mount and through hole components by hand and under a microscope.
- Experience working in a customer service or field support environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, documentation and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of IPC 620 and/or IPC J-STD or equivalent industry fabrication standards.
Additional Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities at the Tech VI Level
- Significant experience with fabrication prototyping and production including design, component selection and layout tasks.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of complex technical drawings and demonstrated experience providing manpower estimates and design recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor junior technicians to produce quality results.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience developing and updating production documentation such as work procedures and drawings.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 policies and procedures.
- Production experience in cleanroom environment.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Subcontractor.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.