Electronic Technician 6/5/2020
Chromalloy Gas Turbine, LLC
Carson City, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advance repair and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group Company. For more information, visit www.sequa.com
Laser setup and troubleshooting, laser application, equipment design and building, electronic design and repair and calibration of electronic and pneumatic instrumentation. The electronics technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The electronics technician provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
* Electronic trouble shooting-temperature control, CNC control, PLC controlled system
* Install and test control systems
* Troubleshoot laser systems
* Order parts to manufacturer specifications
* Install, start up and shut down equipment compliant to OSHA standards
* Perform lockout tagout procedures
* Operate digital multi meter (DMM) and oscilloscope
* Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
* Read electronic diagrams, blueprints, and ladder logic
* Adhere to all Safety procedures and protocols
* Ensure compliance with (RSM)/Quality Control Management (QCM)
* Ensure compliance with ISO/Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) quality requirements
The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
* Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field.
* Three to five years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields.
* Three years computer experience/operation and PLC programming a plus.
The specific LICENSES and/or CERTIFICATIONS required for this position are:
* Must pass related job test
* Electronics school or equivalent
* Laser school
* Process instrumentation school
The specific SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE required for this position are:
* Able to read and write in English
* Basic math skills
* Computer literate
* Logical thinking
* Good hand dexterity
* Position is located in Carson City, Nevada.
* Must be able to work overtime and extended hours has needed to meet business objectives.
* Local candidates preferred