Electronic Technician II 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Electronics Technician II to be based out of Harvey, IL location. Reporting to Electronic Technician Manager, this person will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting problems with the electrical equipment, wiring and resources in the tube manufacturing operation.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor's degree or expert certification in an electrical field with 10 or more years of electronic troubleshooting experience in an industrial environment. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Implement solutions to decrease production downtime, through equipment enhancement projects and preventive maintenance procedures.
* Train and mentor electronic technicians with an emphasis on teamwork, continuous improvement and accomplishment of safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
* Maintaining and troubleshoot problems with the electrical equipment, wiring and resources in the tube manufacturing operation.
* Conduct routine maintenance of electrical equipment, wiring, and resources.
* Identify and provide scheduled and other preventive equipment maintenance.
* Work with maintenance and production personnel in analyzing and troubleshooting equipment failures.
* Assist with equipment installation.
* Provide procedural improvements.
* Work closely with production management to increase equipment performance and uptime.
* All other duties assigned by your supervisor.
* Participate in Lean Manufacturing activities and promotes the plant Lean culture.
* Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work.
* Bachelor's degree or expert certification in an electrical field is required (ASEET, equivalent or higher)
* 10+ years of electronic troubleshooting experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment required. Tube mill or steel industry experience strongly preferred.
* Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment required.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair down to component level required.
* Knowledge in AC/DC drives, PLC/HMI programming required.
* Knowledge in induction heating and welding equipment.
* Knowledge in flying cut-offs.
* Knowledge in Servo Drive Systems.
* Knowledge in automated packaging systems and/or robotics.
* Knowledge in 3-phase power systems.
* Knowledge of A/B and Siemens PLC's.
* Strong leadership, teamwork, and decision-making skills.
* Automation experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills required.
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)