Electronic Trading and Digital Services Risk Management and Compliance 6/3/2020
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
With an increased electrification of markets across asset classes and digitization of services, the profile of risks in trading continues to evolve. We have established a niche team of quants and software engineers - the Electronic Trading and Digital Services Compliance team at Goldman Sachs to keep pace with this changing risk profile. This team is responsible for helping the Firm to manage its operational, regulatory, and reputational risks related to electronic trading and digital activities.
This team sits within the Global Compliance division, which prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm s culture of compliance.
This role is specifically focused on providing compliance coverage for the Securities Division Engineering and Sales teams developing digital services and products under Marquee umbrella. Marquee is our digital storefront that offers financial data and risk analytics, software programming tools and content to our clients; across all asset classes globally.
You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as sales, trading, computer science, financial engineering, and law. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. This role will provide you with an opportunity to be at the leading edge of innovation across the digital platforms as well as compliance and regulatory risk management evolution.
The role challenges the individuals to become subject matter expert in the digital services and products, across asset classes and markets; to understand business and regulatory concerns and devise control mechanisms to improve our control structure. This role serves as a central point of contact for digital services business and compliance globally and requires the individual to be self-motivated, an excellent communicator, a consensus builder and able to apply sound judgment to drive solutions.
This individual s responsibilities will include
* Advance governance and control frameworks to manage risks in digital services delivery
* Collaborate with business, legal and compliance colleagues globally to implement governance and control processes
* Evaluate risks and provide compliance advice to business personnel with regards to the rules, regulations, internal policies and appropriate risk mitigation mechanisms
* Track and manage pipeline for compliance reviews
* Develop compliance policies and standards for the digital services business
* Share leading practices with Business, Engineering, Legal and Compliance teams
* Actively monitor regulatory developments and trends, and assist with the interpretation and implementation of new rules/regulations
* Coordinate responses to regulatory reviews and inquiries
* Help develop and deliver training as part of ongoing Compliance training program
A successful individual will bring deep expertise in engineering or software product management with knowledge of capital markets. The candidate must demonstrate high level of initiative, ability to effectively probe and analyze complex situations, and apply sound judgment to resolve issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
Skills / Experience
* An undergraduate degree is required
* Educational background in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree
* At least 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in product management, trading technology or risk management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well under the pressures of trading environment
* Ability to engage with senior management across a range of functions
* Ability to work independently and apply judgment to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Knowledge of broker-dealer regulatory compliance including FINRA, NYSE and SEC regulations is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity