Electronics Technician Maintenance III 5/6/2020
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
* Assists with site preparation work for voice switches at Enroute Centers and Terminal TRACONs.
* Assists with Fiber Optics Terminal System (FOTS) installation at various sites throughout the Southwest Region.
* Assists with electronics installations, integration and testing for rehoming and monitoring the AFSS radio s to the selected Enroute and Terminal Air Traffic, installs other Radio Control Equipment (RCE) such as VHF and UHF radio communication systems to transmit and receive radio messages, as well as electrical power panels; conduit; cableways; control cables; duct banks; AC power panels; racks for various FAA systems.
* Removes and repairs or replaces components, wires, wire bundles, terminal blocks, and/or connectors.
* Solders, splices, or otherwise installs/repairs various wire types including coaxial, shielded, solid, and stranded wires.
* Tests and trouble-shots electrical components by applying the theory of operation of transistors, solid state components, integrated circuits, motors, servos, power transmissions, and other electrical devices utilizing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, blue prints, color codes, publications, and other technical data.
* Trouble-shots, repairs, aligns, and calibrates audio equipment and voice communication systems to the component level, utilizing schematics, theory of operation, general and system specific test equipment.
* Installs sensors, wires, cabling, computers, radios, and satellites in an unpredictable, fast paced environment in all weather conditions.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
* High school diploma is required.
* Advanced electronics training from institutions such as junior college, military service, or trade school training is a plus.
* 10+ years experience with testing, repairing, trouble-shooting, and installation of Fiber Optics, other Radio Control Systems (RCE) and other complex electronics equipment.
* Work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, etc.) is a must.
* Lift at least 50 pounds is a must.
* Climb towers, may be as high as 50 ft., is a must.
* Basic Microsoft suite and Internet, and E-mail.
* Must be able to meet customer security requirements (moderate to high risk).
* A background check by federal authorities will be performed.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.