Embedded Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/6/2019
END DATE 10/15/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our client is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to come be a part of the Consumer Electronics Product Engineering to help create products that wow customers and you can be proud to show off to your friends and family.
We are looking for a candidate that enjoys and excels at developing compelling application software for embedded systems. Specifically, we are looking for an individual who will work as part of our wireless speaker software development teams to design and integrate new technologies in to both legacy and a new generation of IoT and voice-enabled smart speakers. This will include working on the full stack from embedded code up to the cloud, addressing security on each layer along the way.
* Contribute to an enthusiastic and talented team of Software Engineers to bring new products and compelling experiences to the market
* Own part of the system and features by collaborating with partners like User Experience Designers, Program Management, and Marketing
* Build platforms by architecting reusable building blocks and enabling faster and more efficient product creation
* Integrate technologies like NFC, WIFI, AND BLUETOOTH TO BUILD a cohesive product
* Take part in full stack software development which includes embedded, mobile apps, cloud, and everything in between. This also includes IoT, cloud control, and built in security across all layers in the stack
* Enhance processes and devops to improve quality and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement
* Superior critical thinking skills and able to think in abstraction
* Excellent object oriented design (OOD) and object oriented programming (OOP) using C++
* Extensive experience with at least one embedded operating system (Linux-preferred, VxWorks, Nucleus, ThreadX, Integrity, etc.)
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated capability to comprehend large scale system architecture and understand why it should fail or succeed
* Demonstrate strong design first and test driven development (TDD) skills
* Strong experience with one scripting language like Python, Perl or Shell
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related equivalent degree. MSCS or MSEE is strongly desirable.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.