Embedded Software Test Technician 8/21/2020
Ultra Maritime, USSI
Columbia City, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Embedded Software Test Technician
LOCATION: Columbia City, IN
JOB ID: 322
# OF OPENINGS: 1
This is a mid-level position for a candidate with two or more years of related experience in the area of software, electrical, and/or electronics implementation and testing. In this position the individual will be conducting the following activities/tasks:
* Direct embedded software testing:
* Providing embedded software test support;
* Executing Software Test Description and Report (STDR) documents for the Software Group;
* Reviewing STDRs for the Software Group;
* Assisting with the creation of tests in STDRs;
* Filling out STDR documents with test results;
* Assisting in the set-up and utilization of test environments for verification testing; supporting occasional field testing and product demonstration both at USSI and remote sites;
* Developing new engineering lab automated tests;
* Executing engineering lab automated tests;
* Other embedded testing:
* Conducting formal failure analysis;
* Troubleshooting test equipment;
* Support activities related to hardware:
* Creating test set-ups, e.g., break-out boards, adapter cables, and/or cables to get at signals;
* Reading and understanding schematics and component data sheets;
* Troubleshooting, modifying, building, and testing electronic and electro-mechanical systems, for both developmental and production products and test equipment;
* Using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test, and repair equipment and electro-mechanical devices;
* Other general activities:
* Communicating, working with, and supporting software engineers;
* Attending Software Group meetings;
* Gaining in-depth product knowledge on all Undersea and Audio Product systems
* 4 year degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology or closely related technical field with 2+ years of practical electrical technician work experience OR a 2 year degree with 4+ years of practical electrical technician work experience OR 7+ years of practical electrical technician work/experience with high school or equivalent education
* 1+ years of experience documenting and executing software and/or electrical system tests
* Ability to travel approximately 5-10%
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens
* Experience with Blackfin, TI and/or ARM processors and experience in developing software (C, Java and/or Python) is highly desired but not required.
* Experience with the following is desirable: Linux; the Eclipse IDE environment; MATLAB; FPGAs; digital signal processing concepts
* Demonstrated knowledge of interfaces between processor circuitry and external hardware; the use of digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, RF Instrumentation, analog/digital test equipment, product firmware/software installation, and cable construction
* Proficiency in troubleshooting electronics and electro-mechanical systems down to the component level.
* Excellent analytical, communication, and inter-personal skills are desirable.
* Team and goal oriented, have strong computer skills, be fluent with Microsoft Word and Excel, be willing to follow written and verbal work instructions, have strong writing skills for generating test documentation,
* Experienced in soldering techniques involving through-hole and fine pitch SMT components.
* Normal finger dexterity and normal color vision are required
* Must be capable of occasional lifting of 40 pounds, waist high, with no assistance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world s long-term military programmes. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3 (Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer s most complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.ultra.group/
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND FOR INQUIRING ABOUT, DISCUSSING OR DISCLOSING COMPENSATION. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com