Emergency Care Tech, Emergency Dept
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/3/2020
END DATE 2/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION
Emergency Care Technicians (ECT s) perform a variety of patient-related duties under the supervision of the RN and/ or medical staff. ECT s provide for the general comfort, safety, and well being of the patients and supports the general functions of the emergency department.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Current BLS certification or within 30 days of employment.
* Completion of a nursing or medical assistant course (or comparable certification); OR
* Currently enrolled in an approved RN, LPN or EMT program and completion of nursing fundamentals course or equivalent; OR
* EMT or Paramedic with one year experience with relevant training and experience to be able to perform responsibilities of this job description.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent communication skills
* Monitor Techs: Completion of an ECG course (or comparable certification)
* Previous hospital monitor technician experience preferred with successful completion of EKG competency exam or successful completion of ECG training course with 90 or greater on final exam and ability to pass monitor tech critical thinking competency within 90 days of hire.
* Computer competency required and ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
* Ability to multitask and function well in crisis
* Cross trained for secondary position preferred
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 11a-11p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: Yes
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No.
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.