Emergency Department (ED) Tech / CNA 6/4/2020
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY **Active State of Maine CNA certification is required for this position**
* Position Summary
* The Emergency Care Technician I (ECT II): Assists the health care team in organizing and implementing basic department activities (stocking, results retrieval, patient tracking). Assists the health care provider in patient care: (vital signs, pulse oximetry, ECG, phlebotomy and simple procedures).
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: N/A
* License/Certifications: State of ME CNA certification, active and in good standing.
* Experience: 1 year of hospital experience preferred.
* Ability to read, write and speak English in order to follow simple oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
* Computer skills.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to prioritize and multitask.
* Fine motor coordination sufficient to perform phlebotomy.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.