EMT Basic in Boulder, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2019
END DATE 11/21/2019
American Medical Response
EMT BASIC IN BOULDER, CO
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of an EMT.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
Minimum Qualifications: * High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Possess a valid Colorado Driver s License, Colorado EMT Certification w/IV endorsement and CPR
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret and follow instructions
* Driving record in compliance with AMR s Driver Qualification standards.
* Current AMR employees must be three (3) months free of any corrective actionPreferred:
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced education
* Familiarity with Boulder EMS system
* Minimum one (1) years experience as an EMT
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled