EMT Basic in Canon City, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/8/2019
END DATE 1/1/2020
Global Medical Response
Canon City, CO
EMT BASIC IN CANON CITY, CO
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician Reports to: Field Supervisor
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner. This will be an additional duty for a member of the field staff including assistance with EMT training needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of an EMT.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Possess a valid Colorado Driver s License
* Colorado EMT Certification, CPR, BLS
* Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Must reside within 30 minutes of base operations
Frequently: See Physical Agility Test, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram).
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing.
Occasionally: Reading (simple and complex), writing (complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
Constantly: Decision making,
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, boredom, intense tasks, extended hours.
Occasionally: Wheelchair, medications, monitor/defibrillator, suction equipment, airway equipment, Telephone, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, protective devices, protective clothing.
Frequently: IV Supplies, bandaging, disposable supplies, durable equipment.
Constantly: Gurney, maps, pager, trauma bag/box.
Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue, asbestos)
Frequently: Electrical equipment.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, works outside, shift work, extended hours.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled