End Loader Operator: Pipe Division-Mobile, AL 9/13/2020
Hemphill Construction Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for operating a end loader to excavate and load materials in a variety of heavy construction operations. When not operating loader, may also operate other construction equipment and perform general labor tasks as required.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.) * Operate a loader to excavate and load materials in a variety of heavy construction operations.
* Work cooperatively with the crew to accomplish tasks;
* Maintain tools and equipment so that they are kept in good working order and are safe for use;
* Participate in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical, safety and other skills.
* Operate other construction equipment as required.
* Consistently monitor and maintain compliance with all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
* Perform daily routine maintenance on machine including lubrication and monitor needed repairs/service requirements.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment to include equipment operated.
* Perform a variety of general labor tasks as required for the job.
* Trains and mentors other workers on operating equipment, safety requirements and other construction processes.
* Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * Thorough knowledge in the proper use of loaders and related materials and supplies used in heavy construction work.
* Thorough knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
* Ability to work under general supervision according to work schedule.
* Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
* Good communication skills to coordinate work flow with other crew members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: * Must have previous experience operating a loader (depending upon level of operator)
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred.
* Valid appropriate state driver s license (general operator license) required; Class A or B CDL strongly preferred.
* OSHA 10 Certification is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: * Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
* Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
* Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
* Noise level is generally loud.
* Excellent stamina is required.
Powered by JazzHR