Endo Technician 5/2/2020
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Come join our family at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
Our patients are our priority, but so are you! Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave.
Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Behavioral Health Nurse Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
* 1. Maintains endoscopes according to manufacturers' recommendations adhering to appropriate protocol with regard to cleaning and maintenance of scopes following all standard guidelines and precautions as necessary to ensure that each scope has been tested and ready for the next use.
* 2. Prioritizes endoscope processing based on customer needs.
* 3. Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians in a variety of endoscopic procedures including but not limited to: EGD, Colonoscopy, EUS, Bronchoscopy, ERCP, Bandings, Food Bolus
* 4. Demonstrates competence in operating scope and cleaning equipment utilizing proper technique for general use and troubleshooting.
* 5. Demonstrates the ability to transport soiled scopes and begin the decontamination process and accurately recording all essential aspects of decontamination process in the appropriate log book.
* 6. Prepares all endoscopes according to recognized standards.
7. Demonstrates the ability to articulate processes for quality control protocol and routine care and maintenance of the scopes.
8. Communicates effectively with Clinical Coordinator, supervisor, staff, and other customers, including use of proper telephone etiquette.
9. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, supports the mission of the hospital.
10. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude regardless of obstacles and delivers excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Required: Minimum of 1 year previous work experience in Endoscopy
Required: High School Graduate or GED completion
Preferred: Certified CS Technician
Required: AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.