This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 3/6/2020
Denver Endoscopy Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN
A FEW OF THE BENEFITS WE PROVIDE YOU:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
* Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* New Extended Family Leave and PTO
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Discount Program
* Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
* Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
* Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents, H/P, physician orders, etc.).
* Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs, history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
* Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring, etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
* Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
* Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
* Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration, monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
* Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal drugs.
* Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician, properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and logs specimens, as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Minimum 2 years experience; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
· Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices(i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
· Active RN license as required by state of employment.
· Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
· ACLS required.
· PALS as required by facility.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.