Energy Analyst, Energy Products Performance - Service Engineering 6/3/2020
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
In the Energy Analyst role, you will resolve issues and ensure that Tesla is meeting its contractual obligations with respect to production, payments, and refunds that affect our growing fleet, including solar energy and storage products. This role is an integral connection point between our customers and our products, ensuring optimal operations.
Tesla has an incredible amount of real-world data on solar and storage energy coming in to our databases every day. The Energy Analyst s primary role is to review this data and act on it. They will review reports and alerts to find problems in the field, investigate discrepancies in monitoring data, initiate repair actions when needed, and process performance guarantees to our customers. An ideal candidate has a solid grasp of reporting and data processing concepts and is naturally motivated to seek out and fix problems in a methodical way.
* Model and predict energy output of solar energy products
* Analyze data to find equipment malfunctions and monitoring problems of solar energy and storage products
* Read and evaluate the financial performance guarantees in Tesla s portfolio
* Collaborate with other teams to resolve issues in an efficient and prompt manner
* Create reports, presentations, and graphs to show performance, status, problem histories, etc.
* Investigate and explain discrepancies in historical data as well as energy models
* Evaluate issues at individual and portfolio installations and create and implement action plans
* Contribute to creating, developing, and implementing operating procedures / protocol
* Take on and collaborate on projects
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related
* Demonstrable data analysis and interpretation skills and/or mathematical process
* Experience working with and analyzing large data sets
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software - expect test during interview
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (e.g. procedures/instructions)
* Grasps basic concepts of electricity (AC/DC, current, voltage, resistance, power vs. energy, etc.) and has general familiarity with solar production estimation
* Preferred: Can write SQL queries (e.g. Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
* Preferred: Knowledge of energy generation systems and/or solar energy modeling
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.